Project Finance/HR Manager (COVID-19 Intervention)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
We have been present in India since 1999 providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
COVID-19 emergency intervention
Today we are facing a new global challenge. MSF teams are racing to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic in over 70 countries, including opening new projects in areas that are becoming pandemic hotspots. In India, Mumbai is as of now considered as one of the biggest hot-spot in the country. The rising number of confirmed cases especially in the slum areas requires more focused approaches and interventions. Doctors Without Borders India (DWBI) decided to start an emergency intervention to support and strengthen COVID response in M East Ward by focusing on: –
- Disease prevention in Govandi slum (health promotion, Water and Sanitation);
- Management of COVID-19 ward for mild to moderate cases (50 – 100 beds)
- Location: Mumbai
- Project: COVID-19 Intervention
- Availability: 3 Months (Renewable depending upon project needs)
- Last application date: 17th July 2020
- Starting date: ASAP
- Email: email@example.com
Main purpose of the role
Planning, coordinating and implementing HR, Admin and Financial activities and policies in the project according to legal obligations and DWBI protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, calculating, analysing and monitoring the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Proposing corrective actions when required.
- Planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Supporting the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and DWBI commitment.
- Advising on set-up and updating the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
- Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
- Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and DWBI.
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following DWBI guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
- Being responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
As this recruitment is for a specific emergency response on COVID-19, it is important that staff only apply for this position if they do not have one of the major risk factors for COVID namely existing cardiac complications, diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy or age > 55 years.
- Desirable, degree in finance, management (business, HR) or administration.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs.
- Desirable working experience with DWBI or other NGOs, in developing countries.
Due to the current lockdown and the urgency of this position, it is important that applicants live in or around Mumbai. We arrange transportation for our staff as long as there is no public transport.
HR & Benefits
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 69,882 and
- Secondary Benefits (pro rata) as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary / Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Project Fin/HR Manager to:
by 17th July 2020 8:00 AM.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW