Mobile Health Activity Manager – EndTB Trial
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, antibiotic resistance, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere.
We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, and Telangana. MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Together with the India endTB Coordinator, identifying the needs of the mobile health support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the endTB activities, DWBI strategy and the mobile health activities and its budget.
- Performing initial data collection and establishing base line criteria, analyzing data and mapping the potential problems (e.g. sample collection, adherence problems, etc.)
- Providing technical reference for the medical activities of endTB Trials as per trial protocols and NTEP guidlines at both Mumbai and Pune sites
- Provide support for coordination of the endTB Trial according to DWBI standards, endTB protocols and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate support to the target population. Collecting and analyzing data and documenting the lessons learnt.
- To support and supervise a medical team composed of doctors, nurses, health educator, etc.
- To represent as a medical focal person for endTB trial sites.
- Conduct hospital visits, including discussion with referral hospital medical team as per schedule defined by clinical manager and do medical home visits when needed.
- Arrange referral activities and admissions for DWBI patients between referral hospital, diagnostic facilities, specialty center.
- To standby over the weekend, non-clinic hours, and public holidays for any emergency consultations for endTB trials and DWBI patients and emergency condition in general.
- To search actively for information ,both local and external, related to HIV, TB, hepatitis, opportunistic infections, co-morbidities, and other public health emergencies.
- To participate in any relevant operational research activities, publications, and conferences, including writing publications and providing data analysis
- Be prepared to rotate to other areas of the endTB/endTB-Q trials, if required.
- To follow and implement DWBI infection control protocol in the project premises.
- Ability to organise and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with coworkers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Languages :Basic English, Hindi/Marathi.
- Essential: MBBS with Post graduate degree is preferred (ChestMedicine, Medicine, or any equivalent) Desirable: Specialization or training in MDR Tuberculosis related programmes
- Essential 2-3 yrs TB case management working experience
- Previous experience in similar position will be preferred
- Previous experience with DWBI or similar organization in the field is desirable
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
- Monthly Gross Salary: INR 81,415
- Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
To apply please email your CV and motivation letter with the subject Ref: Position Name to
by 25th April 2020 5:00 pm.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.