Head of Finance & ICT
- Position: Head of Finance & ICT
- Location of Job: New Delhi, India Branch Office
- Department: Finance & ICT
- Division / Function: Management Team
- Reporting to: General Director
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 23,76,716 – INR 26,75,129
- No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
- Email: HR.Support.India@new-delhi.msf.org
MSF is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere. We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, and Telangana.
MSF has projects in more than 70 countries. MSF India is one of 24 institutional offices pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations worldwide.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
MSF India is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, invites persons with disability with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the vacant position.
Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of a multi-year strategic plan, its translation in annual plans and budgets (Budgetary Management) together with the management team and its synergy with the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA).
- Develops and monitors annually approved yearly plans and budgets for the support functions of MSF India, as well as their long term strategic plan.
- Responsible for the coherence and alignment between the support functions of MSF India Branch Office and the support functions within the OCA group and/or the MSF movement.
- Implement, monitor, perform technical checks and respect the yearly planning and budget.
- Reporting as per OCA Control Cycle.
- Responsible for quality and timely International reporting including for Resource Sharing Agreement and Structural Analysis.
- International Finance ad hoc assignments, if any.
Responsible for the appropriate financial management of the MSF India Branch Office in accordance with regulations in the OCA control cycle and within the Indian regulatory framework.
- Supervision of the Finance team as per policies of the MSF India Branch Office.
- Ensure development of financial reports, and other management reports as required.
- Accountable for timely payments, accurate recording of finance transactions for multiple currencies and for separate year closing for international and local reporting environment in accordance with MSF Chart of Accounts and guidelines, International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable laws.
- Ensure and perform technical and content checks on Accounts / Reports.
- Accountable for re invoicing while maintaining active working relationships with other MSF sections both inside and outside the OCA group.
- Institute a system that ensures cash-flow and timely transfers.
- Promptly communicate financial irregularities and potential issues noticed in bookkeeping or controls to GD.
- Quarterly financial management reports and dashboards presentation to help MT to identify trends.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of the appropriate legal set up for the office and follow up of compliances with the Indian legal and regulatory framework, as well as within the requirements of MSF OCA.
- Active liaison and collaboration along the agreements with the Compliance Accounting & Legal Unit (CAL) including financial audits.
- Arrangement of acquiring appropriate legal council.
- Responsible for administration of compliances and implementing relevant changes in the legislations
- Coordination of all secretarial matters of the MSF India Branch Office
- Coordination, implementation and follow up of FCRA related issues.
- Focal point on finance for liaising and collaboration for the agreements with the Compliance Accounting and Legal Unit (CAL), MSF India Operations, Access Campaign, etc.
- Accountable for maintenance of register of contracts and evaluation of the content focussing on accounting consequences.
- Responsible for efficient system of filing, archiving and retrieval in line with statutory requirements.
Responsible for the ICT Administration, uninterrupted ICT services to IBO and Implementation of Data Protection Policy.
- Monitoring of the quality of support provided by headquarters as well as outsourced service providers.
- Responsible for adequate identification and registration / inventory of ICT hardware (Barcode)
- Responsible for an updated ISM service matrix and IT service catalogue
- Responsible for the management of and contracts (SLA’s) with external ICT suppliers.
- Responsible for the coordination of timely payments of ICT services.
- Daily functioning and maintenance of all ICT systems (hard- and software) of the India Branch Office in line with OCA ICT platform and office specific requirements.
- Support of the development and implementation of new ICT systems (including Information Management) and software when required.
- Responsible for maintenance and implementation of ‘live streaming’
- Lead for all ICT related procurements (if any) in line with the OCA standards.
- Maintaining confidentiality and implementation of OCA’s data protection policies.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of the ICT annual plans and budget according to the OCA Control cycle
- Development, implementation and maintenance of all relevant ICT policies and guidelines (also in relation to ISM service matrix)
Responsible for capacity building, communication and networking (internal & external)
- Advice MT about developments and trends in finance including the ICT developments in MSF OCA and the MSF movement
- Representation of the MSF India Branch Office in MSF OCA and MSF international platforms when required
- Responsible for the identification of ICT training needs in the MSF India Branch Office and its proper follow up in terms of development and implementation of relevant ICT trainings
- Support on estimating capacity and time needed to develop and deliver solutions
Responsible for the internal and external representation of MSF India related to the functions.
- Build and maintain active working relationships with other MSF sections both inside and outside the OCA group.
- Support the creation and establishment of the specific identity and recognition of MSF India with the local partners and vendors, banks, etc.
- Represent MSF India in relevant MSF internal meetings (participation in FinDir and other relevant MSF OCA and MSF international platforms).
- Responsible for departmental budgets as per annual plan
- Accountable for the ICT maintenance of all staff and infrastructure in the India Branch Office.
- Direct Supervision of 3 staff
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% compliance with Indian law and regulatory framework
- 100% implementation of relevant internal procedures and policies
- 100% of the payments done within the agreed time
- Efficient ICT services and maintenance of Data Privacy.
- Monthly accurate and complete Financial Management Information to Management Team
- Members of the Management Team
- Compliance Accounting & Legal Unit (CAL)
- Operations in India
- Relevant platform in the OCA group
- Relevant platforms in the MSF movement (FinDir)
- Relevant stakeholders in the Indian Government
- Legal Advisors and compliance agencies
- MSF IBO staff members
- ICT staff in MSF offices in OCA and the MSF movement
- International Privacy Coordinator related to GDPR and data privacy.
Other Indicative Requirements
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Chartered Accountant, ICSI, ICAI, Master degree in Finance/ Business/ Management/ Administration or equivalent from a reputed institute.
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Minimum 10 years post qualification working experience in finance, preferably internationally, in the not-for-profit sector in India with proven track record.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience (in a senior position) and understanding of organizational issues and (team) dynamics
- Experience in Financial and Management Reporting
- Experience in dealing with auditors in a complex environment
Other requirements (Behavioural, Language, Certifications etc, including competencies )
- Service orientation (level 4)
- Strategic Vision ( level 4)
- Planning and Organizing (level 4)
- Analytical Thinking ( level 4)
- Result and Quality Orientation ( level 4)
HR & Benefits
- A stimulating, professional environment in a reputed international organization.
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 2376716 – INR 2675129
- 33 paid leaves (prorate from date of joining) and other leaves as per MSF Internal Regulations.
- Contributions for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund and Gratuity.
- Covered under accident insurance
- Medical: MSF provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per MSF India health care policy
Please clearly state in ‘subject’ of email which position you are applying for and the source from where you saw the job profile and send your CV with cover letter (combined in one word file) to:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates from non-Indian origin applying for this position should have the valid legal working permit.