Finance & Donor Support Executive
- Position: Finance & Donor Support Executive
- Location of Job: New Delhi, India Branch Office
- Department: Finance
- Hierarchical Report to: Finance Officer
- Functional Reporting to: Donor Interface Manager & Finance Officer
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 493725 – INR 555808
- No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
- Email: HR.Support.India@new-delhi.msf.org
MSF is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
MSF has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, and specialist care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment for people everywhere. We currently run projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Manipur, and Telangana.
MSF has projects in more than 70 countries. MSF India is one of 24 institutional offices pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations worldwide.
MSF was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
MSF India is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, invites persons with disability with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the vacant position.
As a Finance Support Executive
- To perform regular accounting work as per applicable laws, International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), MSF India Branch Office financial guidelines maintaining compatibility for books of account for closure for MSF International and for Local compliances.
As a Donor Support Executive
- To mobilize funds for MSF projects by connecting with already existing donors and reaching out to new donors and encourage them to extend their support to MSF through monetary donations
- Validate and verify sub cost centre, Donation Income reports received daily/ monthly/ yearly and advice Fundraising (FR) team for updating of their records and issuance of donation receipts.
- Coordinate with FR team for data & resolution of queries.
- Check invoices, payroll, statutory payment requests submitted by departments and advise corrections to comply with authorization table/ statutory compliances as and when directed.
- Ensure appropriate authorization according to Authorization Table.
- Data entry / import of transactions into Tally/ accounting software in accordance with MSF Chart of Account Codes, International GAAP and applicable laws.
- Coordinate and resolve issues with Banks.
- Prepare regular bank reconciliations of multiple bank accounts.
- Prepare timely reconciliations – Fundraising / Finance and others.
- Monthly scrutiny of accounting ledgers.
- Communicate and report any financial irregularities to FO/FM/HOD as may be required.
Cash Flow Management
- Monitor cash-flow of legal entity on a regular basis and ensure sufficient funds are available for activities and initiate transfers
- Monitoring of entries in the bank books
- Timely payment of invoices, legal and other Payments
- Work in accordance with the financial guidelines
Compliances (Local statutory)
- Prepare monthly TDS return data.
- Checking TDS certificates (Form16A/16) and thence dispatch.
- Assist in secretarial documentation.
- Assist in statutory and internal audits.
- Ensure efficient system of filing, archiving and retrieval as per statutory requirement.
- Keep abreast of recent changes in applicable laws.
- Daily / Monthly/Annual Reporting (Like Receipt Tracker)
- Monthly preparation of Budgetary Control Reports (BCRs).
- Assist in periodic reporting of multi-currency transactions as required from time to time including, AP, 12M etc.
General Finance Functions
- Maintaining accounting documentation and keeping the Finance office organized as required
- Perform month and year end closing procedures for separate year closing for international and local reporting
- Troubleshooting of accounting, TDS and other software.
- Provide input for process review for increasing volumes; implement guidelines for efficient management of donor receipts and related transactions.
- To act as back up of other finance team members when specifically appointed.
- Any other task as may be assigned from time to time.
Donor Support Executive
- To mobilize funds for MSF projects by connecting with already existing donors in order to retain the donors (both one time and regular donors), and lay emphasis on conversion of one time donors to regular donors, through outbound calls
- Focus on new donor acquisition to be able to mobilize funds for MSF projects, through outbound calls
- Single point of contact for all inbound calls relating to information regarding donations
- Manage activation, renewal and monthly donation of regular donors
- To collate donor database and manage CRM entries from time to time
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality MIS reporting
- Validating the authenticity of transactions.
- Managing transactions annually.
- Day to day monitoring of intricacy of compliances of multiple statutes including Companies Act, Income Tax Act, GST, FCRA and other related acts.
- Review and analysis of budgets.
- Handling multiple bank accounts.
- Working as a team of approx. four finance personnel.
- Assist in Coordination of secretarial activities of the Section 8 Company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely & accurate recording of transactions.
- Ensure Batch reports to Fundraising at frequencies laid down from time to time.
- Daily / Monthly / Annual reporting.
- Assist in Quarterly TDS return filling.
- Payment of legal and other commitments – Before due date as per law/contract
- TDS calculation for each payment – Accurate and within statutory timelines
- Prepare monthly data for TDS return – On or before 15th of the following month
- Preparation of Budgetary Control Reports (BCRs) – Before deadline of 25th of the following month
- Proper booking, filling of financial records/ documents.
- Achieve and exceed the goals of donations as per the FR Annual Plan
- Achieve new donor acquisition goal as per annual plan
- Error-free and accurate monthly reporting
- Error-free and accurate donor database management and CRM entries
- Finance Team
- Other MSF sections
- Every employee, volunteer and consultant in branch office
- Donors – existing and new
- Donor Interface Manager
Other Indicative Requirements
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, preferably B.Com.
- Excellent communication skills (English and Hindi).
- Advanced MS Office especially MS Excel function.
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Minimum 1 year in experience finance, administration, accounting/bookkeeping.
- Experience in tele-calling – outbound sales or Fundraising will be an advantages.
Other requirements (Behavioural, Language, Certifications etc.)
- Knowledge of Indian regulatory compliances and basic accounting.
- Hands on experience in Tally accounting software.
- MS Office especially MS Word and advanced MS Excel functions.
- Motivated to support a cause and work for a Humanitarian Organization
- Adherence to MSF Values – Respect, Integrity, Humanity, Accountability & Empowerment
- Results and Quality Orientation (Works towards objectives, preserving established standards).
- Service Orientation (Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests).
- Teamwork and cooperation (Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others).
- Planning and Organizing (Is proactive regarding planning and organizing his/her job area).
- Stress Management (Manages own stress).
- Enthusiasm and energy.
- Handling sensitive/private administrative matters in a confidential manner.
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Cross-Cultural awareness
- Flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as assigned.
HR & Benefits
- A stimulating, professional environment in a reputed international organization.
- Annual Salary (before TDS): INR 493725 – INR 555808
- 33 paid leaves (prorate from date of joining) and other leaves as per MSF Internal Regulations.
- Contributions for statutory benefit programs such as Provident Fund and Gratuity.
- Covered under accident insurance
- Medical: MSF provides medical reimbursement for employees and their dependents as per MSF India health care policy
Please clearly state in ‘subject’ of email which position you are applying for and the source from where you saw the job profile and send your CV with cover letter (combined in one word file) to:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates of non-Indian origin applying for this position should have a valid legal working permit.